Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ISACA Academic Advocate Program

July 27, 2013 · Steve Linthicum

Yesterday (July 26th) I attended a workshop that was put on by our local chapter of the ISACA, where information on Mobile Application and Device Security was discussed. In conjunction with the workshop I receive four (4) continuing professional education hours that I can use to meet the continuing education requirements associated with a number of the security certifications I hold (see certificate below).
isacaCert

The ISACA has a program specifically designed to partner with academic institutions like my college. Through their Academic Advocate Program, I serve the “advocate” role for my College. There is no cost for my college to join the program. The program provides me and my students with access to a number of beneficial learning resources.  Unfortunately none of the other colleges and universities in my region participate in local chapter activities (or this Academic Advocate Program), something I hope to work on this academic year. For those of you who are security minded like me, I strongly encourage you to consider joining the ISACA and possibly working towards their principal certifications (CISA and CISM).

No comments:

Post a Comment