Friday, January 20, 2012

The Myth of Meritocracy in ICT

Thirty-plus years in the Valley has gifted with me with the experience to know without doubt that this bastion of innovation is not friendly to women and minorities. In my recent research to identify best practices to shift this culture, I found the affirming and encouraging research conducted by the Anita Borg Institute, the National Center for Women & Technology, and the National Science Foundation. Today, James Jones, our MPICT Executive Director, shared Part II of a series of articles about the myth of meritocracy in Silicon Valley. First, I was delighted to read the author was an Indian male, Vivek Wadhwa, and second, he's leveraging some of the same research I've discovered.

This is the second of a five part series that asks "Where Are All the Female Tech Geniuses?" You can start from the begining by reading Part I of this Faces of Success series examines How the Indians Conquered Silicon Valley and what women and other races can learn from them.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment